Chocolate Pecan Pie
WARNING: I’m an awful cook…but hey this is one I’ve done in the past for parties!
I promise…there were no fatalities!
Pre-made pie crust I have NEVER been able to get a home-made pie crust to turn out right.
2 cups of pecan halves
1/2 Stick of butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Bottle of chocolate syrup You could always do the “real cook” thing and buy the pieces of chocolate and melt them….
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Mix together flour, pecan halves, and chocolate syrup (or if you’re being fancy and using the real chocolate melt that and mix it in now)
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until well blended.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix in the corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Blend well!
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Pour it all into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes The center will still be a little jiggly, but a tooth-pick should come out with no chocolate if stuck in the center.
- Let it cool for about an hour and enjoy!
See this one was actually pretty much home-made!! Hope you enjoy it!