Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. SouthernMessMoms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Author: Lynsay Sands
Genre: Paranormal Romance (a little comedy mixed in as well)
Books currently in the series: 20
The Argeneau Vampires series takes an interesting twist to the traditional vampire story. I love how unique of an idea it is! The vampires, be careful who you say that word to in these books, have several abilities that help them to exist among normal humans. Each book focuses on one couple and how their relationships unfold. I found the first few books to move a little slow, however, if you stick it out it is more than worth it and this problem doesn’t exist among her later works. One thing that I really enjoy about this series is that main characters that we come to love in one story will pop back up in others. Also, some of the back ground characters often become main characters later on in the series! Always awesome! Continue reading “Argeneau Vampires”
Chocolate Pecan Pie
WARNING: I’m an awful cook…but hey this is one I’ve done in the past for parties!
I promise…there were no fatalities!
Pre-made pie crust I have NEVER been able to get a home-made pie crust to turn out right.
2 cups of pecan halves
1/2 Stick of butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Bottle of chocolate syrup You could always do the “real cook” thing and buy the pieces of chocolate and melt them….
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Mix together flour, pecan halves, and chocolate syrup (or if you’re being fancy and using the real chocolate melt that and mix it in now)
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until well blended.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix in the corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Blend well!
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Pour it all into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes The center will still be a little jiggly, but a tooth-pick should come out with no chocolate if stuck in the center.
- Let it cool for about an hour and enjoy!
See this one was actually pretty much home-made!! Hope you enjoy it!
No I’m not just going to say buy a cheesecake and strawberries! I’m not that lazy! I have a recipe…somewhere!
WARNING: I’m an awful cook…but hey this is one I’ve done in the past for Christmas parties!
I promise…there were no fatalities!
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (can use as little as 4 tbsp. I like my graham cracker)
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. water
4 cups of FRESH strawberries
- Put the graham cracker crumbs into a greased pan.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together, make sure it’s well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time I MUST STRESS SOMETHING HERE….NO SHELLS IN THE MIX!
- Mix in the vanilla extract and toss it pour it into the pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes Be sure the oven is on…and the cake is in it!
- Let it cool off before you remove it from the pan…seems like a duh but hey you never know!
- Arrange 2 cups of sliced strawberries on top of the cake! Now gracefully toss it in the trash!
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Now that your house smells and looks like you cooked a cheesecake…pull out the one you bought from a professional…add some strawberry syrup and the last 2 cups of cut up strawberries on top and VOILA a beautiful, edible, home-made-ish cheesecake! hehe Shhh don’t tell my secret!
**This really is a cheesecake recipe…if you know how to cook feel free to skip step 8 🙂
I have heard from many friends and from personal experience that keeping the house clean is becoming a full time job! No one wants to clean non-stop, even the OCD neat freak like me! I will be the first to admit that there are days that all I want to do is sit down with a good book and relax…however, if I do that I start to fall behind in my housework and we all know what happens then! Continue reading “Mom’s Chores”