- 1 cup frozen mangos
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp honey
- ice (as needed)
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy! (Add extra ice as needed to obtain the consistency you would like.)
This Mango Banana Smoothie ends up at only 264 calories!
Hey guys! For this weeks When Fat Cries, I decided to start a new healthy challenge!
I am going to be doing a 30 Day Smoothie Challenge and would love for you to join in! Continue reading “30 Day Smoothie Challenge”
Disclaimer: I was given the products in this post for the purpose of a review. I was not paid in any way to write this review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. SouthernMessMoms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
When I was given the opportunity to do a review of Shirley J Mugging mixes and cookie mixes I just couldn’t pass it up.
Most of you probably know that I am a horrible cook and tend to make a huge mess when I try. However, Emalee and I love to cook together…Shirley J definitely made it easy for us both! Continue reading “Shirley J Mugging & Cookie Review and Giveaway”
Want to know the most EPICALLY Awesome recipe I have come up with in ages?!?
Continue reading “Taco Bites”
Today’s cooking with Ema is going to be loads of fun!
We made cookies! Chocolate chip ones too! I was super proud of how they turned out and will be included the recipe on our new page as soon as I get it up and running!
So here goes! How to make chocolate chip cookies with Ema (through pictures of course!):
Step 1: Get your ingredients (mommy did that for me) & mix them all together! This is the fun & messy part!
Step 2: Melt the butter so it’s easy for me to mix together. (Most recipes say to just soften it…but we always melt it all the way so little people can mix it up too!)
Step 3: Mix your butter into the bowl of flour and stuff. It takes a while to get it all mixed up..just keep tasting it throughout to make sure all sections taste the same! You don’t want to mess up and end up having a spot that doesn’t taste as good!
Step 4: Make mommy help when your arm gets tired and you don’t wan to stir anymore! (That stuff is thick and tough! I promise mommy’s can do it much faster!)
Step 5: use a spoon to put messy yummy balls on the pan (grease it first)! Be sure to put more onto the spoon than you need to, this way you have an excuse to eat it! (See…even mommy ate some!)
Step 6: Stop and let mommy take pictures of the cookie dough…weird step but hey that’s what we did! This stuff tastes even yummier than it looks! (I think it’s the brown sugar that makes it extra yummy!)
Step 7: Let mommy put them into the oh so hot oven and wait not so patiently as they bake!
Step 8: Wait AGAIN as mommy takes more pictures….she seriously doesn’t understand how serious it is to wait 10 minutes on cookies to bake! They smell super yummy and I want one NOW!
Do you cook with your little ones? If so, what is your favorite thing to cook together?
Welcome to the very first edition of:
Okay, so technically Muffins with Mommy
should have been a Cooking With Ema…I didn’t think of it until now though!
These posts will be mainly pictures and video with very little text. I hope you enjoy!
3 TBSP melted butter
1 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
2 TBSP white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup half and half
1 1/2 cups flour
3 TSP baking powder
1 TSP salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/2 TSP cinnamon
1 TSP butter (or spray butter)
- Mix the egg with the 3 tablespoons melted butter, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon white sugar. Mix in the milk and half & half. Sift flour with baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; stir flour mix into liquid mix to make a smooth batter.
- Mix together 1/4 cup white sugar with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray the pan with spray butter or melt 1 teaspoon butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Scoop or pour some of the batter onto the pan once it’s hot. Sprinkle the top of the pancake with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Let the pancake cook until the bottom is golden brown, usually 2 to 3 minutes. Flip it! Cook it until the cinnamon sugar melts into a crust, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon sugar.
- IMPORTANT: Let the pancakes cool WITHOUT stacking them!!
Well, there you have it! Some yummy pancakes! Emalee LOVES these!
Simple Heavenly White Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies
WARNING: I’m an awful cook…but hey this is one I’ve done in the past and
I promise…there were no fatalities!
1 cup of butter (completely melted to make it easy)
3 cups of sugar
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 to 2 cups of assorted chocolate chips (more white than dark)
- Cut the oven on to 350 and grease up the pan.
- Mix up the sugar, butter and vanilla (blend until it is kind of creamy-ish). Beat in the eggs.
- In a different bowl mix together the flour, cocoa and salt. Then pour that mixture into the sugar mixture and blend well.
- Add in your chocolate chips (try not to eat them all as you add them!)
- Spread it evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Most important! Tell everyone that it messed up, hide in the bathroom with a spoon and enjoy the creamy chocolate brownie and pray that you don’t have to share!
Hey look! That one didn’t include any box mixes or anything! Aren’t you proud??? lol
I’m not a huge chocolate lover so I prefer to do this with vanilla ice-cream to help take away a bit of the sweetness.
Okay, this is seriously one that I have made a dozen times! Everyone loves it and it smells and tastes amazing!!
1 Devils Food Chocolate Cake mix
(All the stuff the box says you need for the cake)
1 large packet of chocolate pudding mix
1 packet of vanilla pudding
White & Dark chocolate chips
1 bag of small marshmallows
1. Grease you r crock-pot.
2. In your large crock-pot,mix together the cake mix and all of it’s ingredients.
3. Once it is blended well, add in both packets of pudding.
4. Now add in as many or as little chocolate chips as you would like.
5. Set crock-pot to low and let it cook for about 2 to 3 hours. Yes I know that is an insane amount of time to wait as you house (or classroom, this is perfect for teachers) begins to smell super mouth watering! But it is totally worth it!
6. You want to cook it until the cake is pretty well set and the pudding is almost bubbling out of the cake. You still want it to be a bit gooey. At this point you need to sprinkle the marshmallows all over the top of the cake.
7. Put the lid back on and allow it to sit for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted.
8. Serve with vanilla ice-cream so that you don’t die from chocolate overdose!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
WARNING: I’m an awful cook…but hey this is one I’ve done in the past for parties!
I promise…there were no fatalities!
Pre-made pie crust I have NEVER been able to get a home-made pie crust to turn out right.
2 cups of pecan halves
1/2 Stick of butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Bottle of chocolate syrup You could always do the “real cook” thing and buy the pieces of chocolate and melt them….
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Mix together flour, pecan halves, and chocolate syrup (or if you’re being fancy and using the real chocolate melt that and mix it in now)
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until well blended.
- Add the eggs.
- Mix in the corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Blend well!
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Pour it all into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes The center will still be a little jiggly, but a tooth-pick should come out with no chocolate if stuck in the center.
- Let it cool for about an hour and enjoy!
See this one was actually pretty much home-made!! Hope you enjoy it!